Wednesday 17 August 2011

from APW: Not Equal Enough

I know there are very few people who read this blog who did not get her via APW.  But just in case, and because this is something I believe in, I want you to go read this post if you have not already.

Everyone should have the right to get married.  Everyone.  And no one should be able to fire an employee because they disagree with their sexual orientation.

Wisely posted in the comments, a quotation that has always had deep meaning for me:


First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn’t a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn’t a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
~Martin Niemöller